Sunday, September 28, 2008

New Balance: Love/Hate

New Balance has long been considered a great walking shoe. It has designed superior shoes for those who want to keep in shape doing less intense physical activities. But with New Balance's release of their next generation of running shoe, they have launched a new advertising campaign to show that these are not your mother's running shoes. Indeed New Balance's new ad campaign capitalizing on the love/hate relationship many runners experience was very insightful, and more than a little bit humorous.

As a runer myself, it made me consider my brand loyalty. I have always been an Asics guy myself, but I must admit I felt like they understood me with their portrayal of ones relationship with running. I think as far as the advertising goes, it was a campaign that was well done, but I'd be anxious to hear what others reations to this ad are. For non-runners, did it appeal to you as well?

No comments: